I’m weary, but I’m not done.
I’ve cleaned all day. Literally. Well, I did take an hour Starbucks break this afternoon but other than that, I have been cleaning since 6:30 this morning. It is now past 11:00 at night. My feet and back hurt, and there is still more to go but not tonight. Tonight, I am letting the rest of the work go.
I almost let this blog go, too, but I missed yesterday. In the big scheme of the blogging world, one day really is nothing, especially when I’ve let this blog stall for months on end. But, there is something far too easy about letting one day slip into two, and two days to role into three, and so on. And, before you know it, NaBloPoMo 2017 is over.
So, I was determined to get a post up tonight regardless of my fatigue. Well, determined until I sat down, at which point I started to mentally justify skipping tonight’s post. It would have been easy to do. Then, I read this post by my friend, Niki, and I shook off the excuses and wrote.
I am weary, but I’m not done. I missed yesterday, but I didn’t miss today because I began again.
Puppy spam! This #LilBit has been with us a whole week now. So, I suppose he is past due for a formal introduction and some fun facts.
1. #Alfredo was born at the #GuideDogsfortheBlind San Rafael campus on 9/4. We were told the designated GDB puppy namer did not want his placement assignment reassigned once he heard our solid Italian last name.
2. His mom is named Jordan and his dad is named Urvek. (Some of you may know, the 2nd #GDB pup we raised was named Urvek. He really, really didn’t want to be a guide dog and was renamed. He is now living a wonderful life in California with a fabulous mom & dad that love him dearly. We call Alfredo’s dad Urvek 2.0 around here.)
2. We think of him as a 4C diamond: confident, curious, cute, & cuddly.
3. In terms of personality, he reminds me very much of the first pup we raised named Keebler, who is now a working guide.
4. Alfredo made the ride out to Colorado with one of his siblings, his sister, Aisha, a black Lab.
5. He is an absolute spitfire who seems to know just how cute he is. (Did I already mention how much he is like Keebs?)
#puppyintraining #futureguidedog #loveandrelease